Hope Flies® with Gratitude for the Holidays
During this holiday season, we reflect back on the year with gratitude for all of our volunteers, supporters, families and friends. Many thanks to each and every one of you for your contributions of time, energy and resources, helping us on our journey to raising awareness for mitochondrial disease, fueling connections and partnerships and funding treatments towards the cures.
2017 was an exciting year filled with progress and highlights:
- Rare Disease Day: Heightened awareness and buzz with new #Give28on28campaign
- SE Regional Mitochondrial Symposium: Research links and progress announced at FMM-UMDF Symposium in Birmingham, AL
- Walk for Abby: Hundreds of walkers and fans of Abby Sauerhoefer gather in Broad Brook, CT
- Hope Flies® with Braves: sold out crowd at new SunTrust Park for Hope Flies with the Braves
- Bioenergetics: Advancement on cutting-edge research in Bioenergetics leading towards CLIA application for blood test assessing mitochondrial function
- Southeast Clinicians: Dr. Leon Dure of AL Children’s Hospital and Dr. Doug Stuart, Atlanta-based adult neurologist, ready to serve adult and pediatric patients
- Global Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week: Educational infographiccollaboration with MitoAction and UMDF
- Hope Flies® Catch the Cure: 8th Annual event was Flying success, chaired by the talented duo, Kyle Hinson and Anne Worrell
- Stealth Biotherapeutics: Opportunity for patients to enroll in Phase 3 Clinical Trial for elamipretide
- Drive for Drew: $30,000 raised and golfers galore at new event
We look forward to the coming year with anticipation and wish all of you health, rest and rejuvenation. Please continue on this critical journey with us in 2018; we have great things in store!
It’s easy to join our mailing list! Just send your email address by text message: Text HOPEFLIES to 22828 to get started.